Happy Friday! The sun is back! Yay! Creative Wave!
- ItsNiceThat have conducted a reference-heavy deep-dive into the graphic design of Love Island. ALSO Marcus spotted that the secondary font Pecita looks very reminiscent of the Superdrug logo, the primary sponsor… isn’t that interesting?? I LOVE THIS SORT OF THING
- Photographer Laurence Stephens has perfectly captured the oddball behaviour and exhaustion of holiday makers in his book ‘Bored Tourists’
- Daniel Gray has compiled some of Chris Ware’s covers for the New Yorker, which cleverly confront issues of 21stcentury life
- Music platform Lava uses AR to bring listening to vinyl to life as 3D sculptures inspired by album artwork (this is seriously cool)
- The team at 4Creative have created another fantastic singing cake ad for the upcoming series of the Great British Bake Off, this time celebrating the beauty of homemade confectionary creations
SONG OF THE WEEK
ROBYN IS BACK WITH A NEW SINGLE!!!! SOMEONE PLEASE GET ME A DESERTED WAREHOUSE WITH DISCO LIGHTS SO I CAN FLING MYSELF AROUND CALL YOUR GIRLFRIEND STYLE (ref)