Charles Tyrwhitt appoints BBD Perfect Storm to support global brand positioning
18 August 2019: Having recently appointed new CEO, Luke Kingsnorth and CMO Joe Irons, Charles Tyrwhitt is looking to build on their multichannel customer experience. The menswear retailer has appointed independently-owned brand and cultural transformation company, BBD Perfect Storm, to work with them on their global brand positioning development.
Founded in 1986, Charles Tyrwhitt, the quintessential menswear retailer famed for the quality and longevity of their products, is evaluating their brand positioning as they look to their next decade of growth. The company, has grown to more than £200m in sales internationally – with the US now its largest market – plans to enhance its differentiation in an increasingly competitive and disrupted retail and online marketplace.
Joe Irons, Chief Marketing Officer of Charles Tyrwhitt said: “We are impressed by how well BBD Perfect Storm understood where our brand has come from but, more importantly, where it needs to go as the art and science of marketing to men rapidly evolves. We are really looking forward to working with them to evolve our brand positioning, narrative and deliver on our purpose to make it easy for men to dress well.”
Jason Foo, CEO of BBD Perfect Storm said: “Charles Tyrwhitt is an incredible business with a phenomenal opportunity. It’s actually always been a disrupter: from its beginnings challenging the traditional retailers and London’s Jermyn Street, through to the present day and its expansion across North America. There is a love, loyalty and respect for the Charles Tyrwhitt brand. We feel privileged to work with the company as it evolves its communications to men, and brings its unique take on British tailoring.”
Notes for editors:
About Charles Tyrwhitt:
Charles Tyrwhitt endeavors to produce the finest menswear, with timeless style and no compromise on quality. To top this off it provides exemplary customer service and a pinch of British charm thrown in for good measure. Their collection includes everything from dressed-up formal suits to casual shirts, and all the finishing touches you could need.
All media enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Charles Tyrwhitt was founded in 1986 by Nicholas Charles Tyrwhitt Wheeler while he was a student at Bristol University.
The company is a multi-channel retailer, selling menswear through mail order, its website, www.ctshirts.co.uk and its 41 retail outlets (worldwide).
Nick Wheeler is married to Christian Rucker, founder of The White Company.
BBD Perfect Storm
- BBD Perfect Storm is the independent brand and cultural transformation company.
- New Macho is its expert marketing-to-men strategy unit, set up to help brands navigate and grow as the masculinity landscape changes.
- In April 2019 the agency was named both Emerging Agency of the Year by CreativePool, and included in The World’s Leading Independent Agencies of 2019 by The Network One and Campaign.
- It has a staff of nearly 50 people based out of its London offices in London’s Silicon Roundabout.
- Clients include: Berry Bros & Rudd No. 3 Gin, Long Tall Sally, Etihad Airways, Investec, Mayor of London and the Greater London Assembly, Unilever Dove and Vitality.